Police officers and different enforcement agents are trained to intervene or respond once crime and violence happens. Instead of this reactive approach to crime, security guards adopt a preventive approach. In different words, security guards forestall risks and deter crime, are careful for looming danger, and report any crime they will encounter. All the duties performed by guards are aimed toward this one objective. Now, let’s dig deeper into the duties performed by a guards.
1) Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
2) Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of staff, visitors, and alternative persons to protect against stealing and maintain security of premises.
3) Create reports for daily activities and irregularities, like instrumentation or property injury, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or uncommon occurrences.
4) Decision police or fireplace departments in cases of emergency, like fireplace or presence of unauthorized persons.
5) Flow into among guests, patrons, and staff to preserve order and defend property.
6) Answer phone calls to require messages, answer queries, and supply data throughout non-business hours or once exchange is closed.
7) Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, victimization force once necessary.
8) Operate police investigation devices to screen people and stop passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
9) Patrol industrial and business premises to forestall and notice signs of intrusion and guarantee security of doors, windows, and gates.